Current Residents General Questions
When is rent due?
Rent is due on the 1st of the month and late on the 2nd.
When are late fees charged?
Rent is due on the 1st of the month. However, we give our tenants a grace period to pay rent before late fees are charged. The total rent amount must be in our office by the end of the business day on the 5th of the month in order to not incur a late payment penalty. If you pay rent after the 5th of the month, there is a late rent charge that is assessed equal to $5 per day starting on the 5th of the month and will be charged daily until rent is paid in full. All rental payments made after the 5th must include the applicable late fee.
How can I determine what my current balance is?
You can login to your account from our website by clicking on the “Resident Login” tab in the upper right corner of any page on the site. Once logged in to your account, you will be able to see your statement which includes the charges and payments on your account. You can also call the office at 740.992.0059 for balance inquiries.
How can I pay rent?
Rent can be paid by personal check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to RPG Management, P.O. Box 473 Racine, Ohio 45771 or taken to the office at 106 Broadway St, Suite 4, Racine, Ohio 45771. Payments can be left in the drop box located at this location. However, if payment is left after business hours that day, it will not be processed until the following business day. No cash payments will be accepted. Additionally, rent that is paid after the 5th must include all late rent charges that have been incurred. You can also make a payment using a credit or debit card on our website under the “Resident Login tab.
What is the pet policy?
General Pet Policy
- No pets are permitted on or about the premises of the property without managements prior consent.
- In order to obtain a pet, the resident must complete a pet application and receive approval from the management company.
- Maximum of three pets are permitted in each home after application and approval.
- All pets must be listed on the lease of the home.
- All pets must be registered and immunized consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
- Pets are not allowed to be tied to any part of the property.
- All damages as a result of pets are the responsibility of the resident.
- All tenants must abide bu the pet rules or the pet may be subject to removal.
- At the end of tenancy, the resident is responsible for having a flea treatment performed by a licensed exterminator and supply a copy of the receipt to RPG Management. If it is not completed by the resident, we will have it completed and the charge will be applied to the tenant.
- Any pet that is considered a “vicious breed” according to the insurance comply shall not be allowed. These breeds include:
- Pit Bulls
- German Shepherds
- Alaskan Malamute
- Great Dane
- St. Bernard
- Wolf hybrid
- Mixtures of any above
- “Non-traditional” pets that are not allowed inlcude:
- Costs Associated with Pets
- Minimum non-refundable pet fee of $200 and for each additional pet there is an additional $100 fee due prior to move-in
- Additional rent of $30 per pet per month
Complete terms and conditions of all permitted pets is contained in the lease. All conditions contained herein are subject to change.
Do I need Renter’s Insurance?
Yes, our residents are solely responsible for insuring their own personal property that is located or stored upon the leased property. Any damage, destruction or loss resulting from theft, fire, storm or other hazards and casualties are your sole responsibility.
What am I responsible for as a tenant?
Typically, all residents are responsible for:
- Securing all utilities for the home, unless otherwise provided.
- Lawn care, unless otherwise provided.
- Changing the furnace/air conditioning filters regularly.
- Minor repairs to your home, including, but not limited to, replacing light bulbs and unclogging clogged drains.
- Changing the smoke detector batteries during tenancy (these are new when you move in).
- Pest control.
- Following the terms of your lease.
Can I just move out when my lease expires?
No. Even though the initial term of your lease expires on a certain date, it converts to a month to month lease and is still in full force until proper notice is given by either party. Submit a Notice of Intent to Vacate form online or print one off and mail it to the office at least 45 days prior to the date you plan to vacate the premises.
Current Residents Maintenance Questions
How do I submit routine maintenance requests?
- Complete the online Maintenance Request Form.
- Call the office at 740.992.0059 to report the maintenance request.
- Login to your account from the website by clicking on the “Resident Login” tab at the top of the page where you can login and submit a request
- Download a maintenance request form which can be filled it out and mailed to P.O. Box 473 Racine, OH 45771.
- Download and print the maintenance request form, which can be taken to the office at 106 Broadway St, Suite 4, Racine, OH 45771.
- Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I do in an emergency?
If the emergency is life threatening or there is a fire, Call 911 immediately. For other emergencies such as lack of heat, large water leak, etc. call the office at 740-992-0059 to report the emergency. If the emergency occurs after normal business hours of 8:30-4:30, call the office and follow the instructions in the voicemail for emergencies.
Do I have to be present for a service technician to perform work?
No, all of our service technicians are screened, licensed (if required), insured, and conduct themselves with a great deal of professionalism. Should you desire to be home when the service is performed, you must specify this with submission of your maintenance request form. Your service will then be scheduled based on the maintenance staff schedule as well as yours to find an appropriate time. The technician will make 3 attempts to contact you and if not successful, the service request will be terminated and not re-activated. If the situation is deemed to be a risk to the property, the technician will be allowed to access the property without your presence.
How quickly can I expect my maintenance request to be performed?
There are many factors that go into each request and we cannot set a firm schedule. However, we typically contact you the same day we receive the request to assess the situation and determine the proper course of action. Our goal is typically a 5 business day completion.
Can I perform the work and send you a bill?
No, unauthorized repairs will not be reimbursed. If you have a maintenance request, submit the proper maintenance request form.
I do not like the way a repair was done, what should I do?
Contact our office at 740-992-0059 so we may investigate the issue.
Can I withhold my rent payment for repairs not being completed to my satisfaction?
No. It is prohibited for a resident to withhold rent for failure to fix items submitted. Please contact our office to discuss your specific situation.
Can I change the locks on my home?
Locks are changed immediately prior to each new resident moving in. Should you desire to change them during your tenancy, you must first receive written approval from our office. The work must be done by a licensed locksmith and three keys to each new lock must be provided to our office within 24 hours of the work being done.
Can I paint my home a different color?
You’ll need to complete a Self Painting Request Form and submit it along with paint samples.
Current Residents Move-Out and Security Deposit Questions
Can I apply my security deposit to my last month’s rent?
No. Your security deposit is held in a separate account and can not be used to pay your last month’s rent. The deposit is only used for outstanding charges such as property damage after you vacate the property.
What do I need to do when I move out?
As a reminder, depending on the terms of your lease, the following may be required prior to the end of your lease term to ensure the property is in the same condition it was in at the time you moved in:
- Remove all personal property and all trash.
- If necessary, professionally clean all carpets and submit the receipt with your keys.
- Vacuum and mop all hardwood, vinyl and tile floors.
- Wash all cabinets inside and out.
- Clean all appliances inside and out.
- Clean all areas of the home, including baseboards, window sills, door frames, ceiling fans, and light fixtures.
- Replace all furnace filters with new ones.
- Mow grass, trim shrubs, and remove any debris (only if lawn care is not included).
- If pets were present, have a professional flea treatment performed, submitting the receipt with your keys.
- Secure all windows and doors.
- Replace any burned out light bulbs.
- Return all keys, garage door openers, and any other items provided to you to our office.
- Notify us of your desired address for the return of your security deposit. If a stop payment and re-issue is necessary on your security deposit check as a result of you not providing a proper forwarding address, there could be a bank fee associated.
When do I have to return the keys after I move out?
All keys, receipts, and other required items must be returned by 9:00am the day after your lease ends. Remember, leases are automatically converted to month to month tenancy after the end lease date on your rental agreement unless you or management decides to end your lease. Leases do not have daily tenancy provisions and failure to return keys in a timely manner could result in you being responsible for paying a full month’s rent.
What do you do with my security deposit after I move out?
After you vacate the property, one of our agents visits the property and performs a move-out inspection to assess the condition of the property in comparison to your move-in report. We then process your security deposit accordingly.
When can I get my security deposit back?
It may take up to 30 days to fully determine the disposition of your security deposit. Your security deposit and/or a written itemization of deductions from your security deposit will be sent to your forwarding address. This will only be mailed to your forwarding address as we do not allow any deposits to be picked up.
What if my security deposit does not cover my charges?
We will send you a letter notifying you of a balance due. Payment will be expected promptly to prevent further action.
What if I do not pay my outstanding charges?
Any outstanding charges 30 days from the date of invoice will be turned over to either the court system or a collection agency for processing and failure to pay the outstanding charges may become part of your permanent credit history.