What do I do if I am interested in leasing a property from RPG Management?
First you need to schedule a time with the office staff to look at the property you are interested in by calling the office at 740.992.0059 or emailing email@example.com. After you see the property you can then submit an application along with the application fee.
How much can I qualify for?
Typically, we require monthly household income of applicants to be three times the lease payments. If there is more than one adult living in the home then we will combine the monthly income for all adults that would reside in the home. For example, if the monthly rental rate is $500, then the monthly income of the applicants must be at least $1,500.
How do I apply?
What is required to apply?
- Completed application for all adults who plan to reside in the leased unit
- $25 Non-refundable application fee
- Valid photo ID
- Income Verification via 2 most recent pay-stubs
- Color photo of pets if applicable
Who must apply?
Each adult (18 years of age or older) who will be residing in the leased unit must individually complete a rental application. So, if a married couple is applying, both the husband and the wife must submit an application.
How do you verify employment?
Employment status will be verified with the current employer. You will need to submit two of your most current paycheck stubs. If you are in the midst of starting a new job, we will then contact the future employer.
What if I am a student or am not employed?
In lieu of meeting the income requirements, an applicant may show certified proof that he/she has three times the total lease amount in liquid assets, such as stocks, bonds or savings account as well as secure a co-signer. The co-signer must complete a full application and pay the application fee, this person must meet all application requirements. The co-signer would also need to sign the lease and co-signer form.
What items on the Criminal and Credit Screening Report may negatively impact my application?
- Felony convictions (within the past 10 years)
- Violent misdemeanors (within the past 10 years)
- Registered sex offender
- Severe financial delinquencies
- Unpaid civil judgments
- Items referred for collection
- Prior Summary Ejectment filings
- Current bankruptcies
Do you accept pets?
RPG Management LLC is pleased to offer the opportunity for residents to have pets under the following terms and conditions:
General Pet Policy
- No pets are permitted on or about the premises of the property without managements prior consent.
- In order to obtain a pet, the resident must complete a pet application and receive approval from the management company.
- Maximum of three pets are permitted in each home after application and approval.
- All pets must be listed on the lease of the home.
- All pets must be registered and immunized consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
- Pets are not allowed to be tied to any part of the property.
- All damages as a result of pets are the responsibility of the resident.
- All tenants must abide bu the pet rules or the pet may be subject to removal.
- At the end of tenancy, the resident is responsible for having a flea treatment performed by a licensed exterminator and supply a copy of the receipt to RPG Management. If it is not completed by the resident, we will have it completed and the charge will be applied to the tenant.
- Any pet that is considered a “vicious breed” according to the insurance comply shall not be allowed. These breeds include:
- Pit Bulls
- German Shepherds
- Alaskan Malamute
- Great Dane
- St. Bernard
- Wolf hybrid
- Mixtures of any above
- “Non-traditional” pets that are not allowed inlcude:
- Costs Associated with Pets
- Minimum non-refundable pet fee of $200 and for each additional pet there is an additional $100 fee due prior to move-in
- Additional rent of $30 per pet per month
Complete terms and conditions of all permitted pets is contained in the lease. All conditions contained herein are subject to change.
Do I need Renters Insurance?
Yes, our residents are solely responsible for insuring their own personal property that is located or stored upon the property leased. Any damage, destruction or loss resulting from theft, fire, storm and other hazards and casualties are your sole responsibility.
What am I responsible for as a tenant?
Typically, all residents are responsible for:
- Securing all utilities for the home, unless otherwise provided
- Lawn care, unless otherwise provided
- Changing the furnace/air conditioning filters regularly
- Minor repairs to your home, including, but not limited to, to replacing light bulbs and clogged drains
- Changing the smoke detector batteries during tenancy (these are new when you move in)
- Pest control
- Following the terms of your lease
What do I have to pay prior to moving in?
You are responsible for paying the first month’s rent, the security deposit (which is equal to the rental amount), as well as any applicable fees (ex: pet fee) at the time you obtain the keys prior to occupancy.
When is rent due?
Rent is due on the 1st of the month and late on the 2nd. Rent must be in our office by the end of the business day on the 5th of the month in order to not incur a late payment penalty. If you pay rent after the 5th of the month there is a late rent charge that is assessed equal to $5 per day starting on the fifth of the month and will be charged daily until rent is paid in full. All rental payments made after the 5th must include the applicable late fee.
How can I pay rent after I move in?
Rent can be paid by personal check, cashiers check, or money order and either mailed to RPG Management at P.O. Box 473 Racine, OH 45771 or taken to the office at 106 Broadway St Racine, OH 45771. No cash payments will be accepted. Additionally, rent that is paid after the fifth must include the applicable late rent charges. You can also pay rent using a credit or debit card under the tenant login tab on our website.
How do I turn on utilities at my future home?
It is the responsibility of the resident(s), unless the utilities are included in the lease, to secure utilities (water, electric, gas, etc) for their residence. It is the responsibility of every resident to supply written confirmation from the utility company showing an active account prior to obtaining the keys to their new home. See the Utility Company information under Prospective Resident Link.